Here at Shetland Wool Adventures we take data protection very seriously and want to reassure all our website visitors and newsletter subscribers that we will continue to comply with all the current regulations. Below you’ll find information on how we treat data that we collect from visitors to our website.
2. What personal information do we collect?
- 1.1 SHETLAND WOOL ADVENTURES (referred to as “we”, “us”, “Shetland Wool Adventures”, “SWA”, “Misa Hay trading as Shetland Wool Adventures”) and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you are visiting any website maintained by us including without limitation the website at www.shetlandwooladventures.com, and our social media channels (together the “Website”), as we may publish and operate from time to time or communicating electronically with us.
- 1.2 This policy explains what types of personal information we collect when you use the Website and the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- 1.3 Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- 1.5 91 SWA uses the personal information we collect from you to provide our service to you. We will not rent, sell or share your personal information with any other company for its own marketing purposes without your consent except where mentioned in this policy.
- 1.6 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Misa Hay, 7 Mounthooly Street, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0BJ.
- 2.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
3. How do we use personal information?
- (a) if you make a purchase or register for our newsletter on the Website, you will be asked to complete a form which will require you to provide some or all of your name, address, email address and telephone number;
- (b) if you make an Order for Goods, you will be required to provide your credit and debit card details or log into Paypal. Shetland Wool Adventures will not receive this information;
- (c) when you contact us by email or through any contact form provided on the Website, we may ask you to provide some or all of the information set out in paragraphs (a) and (b) above;
- (d) we may collect, store and use information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Website and your visits to and use of the Website (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, Internet Service Provider, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, website navigation and search terms that you use);
- (e) if you access the Website through a social networking profile, we may collect, store and use the details of that social networking profile and any information contained therein in order to populate any forms you might wish to complete on the Website.
- 2.2 We may also ask you to complete surveys and give feedback that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- 3.1 We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- (a) to manage and administer the Website;
- (b) to enable you to use the Website;
- (c) to enable us to deliver Goods to you and to handle refunds;
- (e) to send you newsletters and other relevant and targeted promotional communications;
- (f) to deal with enquiries, complaints and feedback from you and our service providers;
- (g) to provide third parties with statistical anonymized information about our users;
- (h) to send you emails offering you to take part in a survey and/or give feedback; and
- (i) to analyse and improve the services offered on the Website
4. When might we disclose personal information?
- 4.1 We will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent other than a service provider to whom we are required to disclose personal information in order for them to provide their services to us.
- 4.2 SWA occasionally collaborates with other brands and in these instances, we may ask you for your consent to provide these third parties with your personal information. This will only be disclosed when your consent is obtained and will not be shared with any further parties. We use reasonable endeavours to procure that brands we collaborate with are compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. We are not responsible for any breach of any such legislation or standards by any third party.
5. Newsletters and other promotional communications
If you place an order and opt in to our newsletter, subscribe via our newsletter form or otherwise register your email address with SWA you are consenting to receive any newsletters by us or to receive other targeted and relevant promotional communications from us or other carefully chosen affiliates. We offer you the option to opt-out of this service. If you wish to stop receiving any such communications, please either email us at email@example.com
or click the “unsubscribe” link in any email from us.
6. Website & Cookies
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to our site and what areas they are most interested in. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, or allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find more information on how cookies are used on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of third party websites. This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites, and if you have questions about how a site uses your information, you’ll need to check that site’s privacy statement.
- 6.2 We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
- 6.4 You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
HOW LONG ARE COOKIES STORED FOR?
- Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window.
- Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
CAN I DISABLE COOKIES?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
Depending on which cookies you disable, the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
7. Where we store your personal data
- 7.1 In operating our business via the SWA website, your data is controlled by our staff and is processed and stored by Flodesk. Online purchasing information is collected via our website which is hosted by Showit and WooCommerce, then recorded and stored by our staff for order processing. All storage sites and/or documents are password protected. Third parties shall not have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
- 7.2 We do our utmost to ensure that our server hosts are secure and fully accredited. Unfortunately, we cannot be responsible for any illegal breaches that may occur. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and so we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Your rights
The Act gives you the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any emails you receive from us or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request to have your personal information permanently deleted from our records by emailing us.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice